Iron Mountain is focused on providing secure storage of business documents and understands the importance of data security.
Boston-based Iron Mountain serves more than 225,000 customers in 58 countries and claims to work with 95% of the Fortune 1,000 companies.
See below for all about Iron Mountain’s data center offerings:
Data Center Portfolio
With a reputation for regulatory compliance, Iron Mountain offers data centers with many notable features, including:
- 20 sites on three continents
- Scalable options from a single data center cabinet to a fully dedicated data center
- Cloud-independent data solutions
- Business Continuity
- Physical security
- Environmental sustainability
- Outsource all manual maintenance tasks
- Guaranteed answers in minutes
- Get help with rack and stack, hardware reboots, cabling, and lockout resets
- Experts available on site and on call 24/7/365
- Order anytime, anywhere
- Billing hourly or on a recurring basis with discount
Data Center Migration
- End-to-end solutions that include analysis, risk assessment, planning, design, execution and testing
- Clear statements of work and methodologies with a single point of contact for support tasks
- The team includes project managers, structured cabling personnel, specialist movers, network engineers and system administrators
- Ensure compliance with budgets and deadlines
Data center installations and constructions
- Engage recognized experts for site selection, design, construction, liaison with government and regulators, and creation of power and grid connectivity strategies
Global Network Operations Center (GNOC)
- Central point for communication and client advocacy
- Log in to manage infrastructure
- Seek expert assistance, access logs, power and cooling audits, and bandwidth usage reports
- Monitored ticketing platform
Iron Mountain has three partner programs:
- Partner channels: dedicated resources including training, guidance and sales tools to accelerate growth and create recurring revenue streams
- Real estate brokers: support for customers who express the need for new or growing infrastructure requirements, such as a cabinet, cage or building.
- Strategic Alliances: with a wide range of companies and industry groups, including hardware, software, interconnect and environment, are helping to evolve the digital infrastructure.
Data Center Use Case
As an internet service company, hosting over 200,000 websites for 30,000 customers, Crystal needed to find a data center capable of high performance with stability and scalability.
Equally important to Krystal was finding a data center partner that could match its values while meeting its technical requirements.
Iron Mountain has proven to be reliable and personal with high environmental standards.
“We loved that there was renewable energy generated on-site, but we also considered Iron Mountain as a longer-term solution because of their standards, ecosystems, and geographic spread,” says Alex Easter, CTO, Krystal.
Initially, Krystal planned to build its own data centers, but turned to vendors as remote work has recently grown. Starting with sites in the United States, Krystal knew they had plans for data center sites in Europe and Asia-Pacific. The global nature of Iron Mountain is one of the reasons Krystal chose the supplier.
Iron Mountain Data Center User Reviews
Users of the Gartner Peer Insights tech review site give Iron Mountain an overall rating of 4 out of 5.
Industry Recognition of Iron Mountain Data Centers
Iron Mountain is committed to using clean energy while providing data center services.
After joining the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Better Building Initiative as a challenge partner and demonstrating its ability to run all of its data centers with 100% renewable energy, Iron Mountain won the RE100 Leadership Award, Most Impactful Pioneer for the use of clean energy in their global data center infrastructure.
Iron Mountain was also named an RE100 Key Contributor, empowering others in the industry.
Iron Mountain in the data center market
Iron Mountain primarily competes with some of the largest data center companies in the world, such as:
- Digital real estate
Iron Mountain is a good secure data center option for businesses focused on compliance and continuous improvement in design, operations, security, and efficiency. Iron Mountain also offers true global consistency, earning certifications in information security (ISO 27001), energy management (ISO 50001), and environmental management (ISO 14001).